2-4 years experience
Hollander Design is a dynamic and growing design firm working on exciting projects throughout the US and internationally. We are an established firm recognized with national awards from the ASLA, inclusion on the Architectural Digest AD 100 list, and the ICAA, among others. Our work covers a wide range of scales with a focus on private residences, urban rooftops, parks, campuses, historic landscapes and luxury real estate development. We believe in a family-first work environment that balances home life with work life. And in doing best-in-class landscape architecture that responds to the site, its architecture and the people who live work and play within it.
Come grow with us in New York and receive a competitive salary and benefits package which includes matching contributions to a 401k, performance-based bonuses, generous health insurance, and a paid sabbatical program.
See some our recent projects in Architectural Digest, Design Boom, City Lab, and The Wall Street Journal. Find out more about our projects, interests and team on our Instagram, LinkedIn and website.
We’re looking for a candidate who:
- Likes working in a small-team setting on a wide range of project types.
- Is excited by the hands-on nature of work that includes physically sketching in addition to computer rendering, getting out into the field for construction administration and placing plant material.
- Is ready to be a part of an always-learning environment that regularly offers continuing education opportunities
- Shares our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design that respond to the natural and built environment.
- Is eager to be a part of a design process that results in outstanding built work with a high level of detailing.
- Experience in managing or contributing to complex projects from schematic design through construction documentation and implementation.
- Experience in high-end, single family residential design, urban private rooftops or small-scale commercial development
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced studio environment
- Strong Technical Skills (Grading and Construction Details)
- Experience with Lumion, Rhino or other 3-D rendering programs
- Strong hand rendering and digital graphic skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD v2013, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program
- A working knowledge of plant material
- Professional licensure
Hollander Design is a well-established firm with a strong project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment across multiple offices. Benefits include:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Transit Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Sabbatical Program
This is for a full-time position based in New York. Salary is commensurate with experience: $75,000 – $85,000. Some travel maybe required. Position is for immediate hire.
- Please email resume and project examples to the attention of email@example.com.
- Send portfolio and resume as .pdf attachments (max. 10MB). Please do not send as a link to an outside site.