Hollander Design is a dynamic and growing design firm working on exciting projects throughout the US and internationally. We are an established firm recognized with national awards from the ASLA, inclusion on the Architectural Digest AD 100 list, and the ICAA, among others. Our work covers a wide range of scales with a focus on private residences, urban rooftops, parks, campuses, historic landscapes and luxury real estate development. We believe in a family-first work environment that balances home life with work life. And in doing best-in-class landscape architecture that responds to the site, its architecture and the people who live work and play within it.
Come grow with us in Chicago and receive a competitive salary and benefits package which includes matching contributions to a 401k, performance-based bonuses, generous health insurance, and a paid sabbatical program.
See some our projects in Architectural Digest, Design Boom, City Lab, Elle Décor, and The Wall Street Journal. Find out more about our projects, interests, and team on our Instagram, LinkedIn and website and get a peek at our forthcoming book.
We’re looking for a project manager who:
- Is an effective leader in a small-team setting on a wide range of project types.
- Demonstrates interpersonal, team leadership and organizational skills
- Is excited by the hands-on nature of work that includes physically sketching in addition to computer rendering; getting out into the field for construction administration and placing plant material.
- Is ready to be a part of an always-learning environment that regularly offers continuing education opportunities
- Shares our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design solutions appropriate to three ecologies: the site’s ecology, its architectural ecology and its human ecology.
- Is interested in a fast-paced and rigorous design process that results in outstanding built work with a high level of detailing.
- Experience leading complex projects from schematic design through construction documentation and implementation.
- Project management experience in high-end, single family residential design; urban private rooftops; or small-scale commercial development.
- Experience working directly with clients and successfully coordinating deliverables with contractor, consultants, and lead team members
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced studio environment
- Demonstrated strong technical skills (Grading and Construction Details)
- Experience with Lumion, Rhino or other 3-D rendering programs
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture
- A working knowledge of plant material
- Professional licensure
Hollander Design is a well-established firm with a strong project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment across multiple offices. Benefits include:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Transit Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Sabbatical Program
This is for a full-time position based in Chicago. Salary is commensurate with experience between $100 – $130k . Some travel may be required. Position is for immediate hire.
- Please email resume and project examples to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send portfolio and resume as .pdf attachments (max. 10MB). Please do not send as a link to an outside site.